[AfriNIC-rpd] Comments about AFPUB-2010-GEN-005

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Fri Dec 24 09:28:47 UTC 2010

Yes - but if the Chairs can not agree with each other (personality
clashes excluded) - how ever can one say that there is Consensus?

Technically - there should be very little opportunity for objectivity -
so even two chairs should agree. The Chair should simply be a reflection
of what the people agree to (consensus or not) - with the current
"rules" (PDP Policy) being the guide towards making decisions.
My thoughts anyway.

You are correct about the reasons to have two chairs though -
redundancy.
Maybe if both Chairs are present - your idea of "power sharing" makes
sense... but it should probably just be the Chair who's term is first to
run out that is the Primary Chair. I'm assuming here that each Chair has
a two year term - and they overlap by one year - so the primary Chair
should be the person who has the shortest term left - technically the
Chair with the most experience.
If one one Chair is present at a meeting - that person is the defacto
Chair.