[AfriNIC-rpd] AfriNIC Board Ratifies AFPUB-2010-GEN-005 and AFPUB-2009-v4-002 Policy Proposals

SM sm at resistor.net
Fri Nov 12 16:58:15 UTC 2010

Hi Vincent,
At 07:36 12-11-10, Vincent Ngundi wrote:
>Yes but it's not yet a _policy, it's still a _policy _proposal
>(global policy proposal) untill it's ratified by the ICANN Board.

It looks like we are discussing about two different things
here.  There is the global policy proposal that is ratified by the
ICANN Board and there is the proposal that is ratified in the AfriNIC
region.  The question is whether the proposal is considered as a
policy according to the AfriNIC PDP.

>That's a different issue. Or what's your point?

For what it is worth, there is an ICANN announcement mentioning that
the proposal has been abandoned.  The proposal has been adopted by
the five RIRs; three of them did it after the announcement.  The
point is that it would be helpful to the AfriNIC community if they
are made aware of the deliberations of their peers in the other
regional policy forums about a global proposal.

Regards,
-sm