[AfriNIC-rpd] Abuse Contact Information in the AfriNIC Service Region - Version 2

Tobias Knecht tk at abusix.com
Tue Sep 28 08:46:00 UTC 2010

Hi,

>> That is true. I would have liked it if there would be a cooperation
>> or a similar approach in the AfriNIC region. But as far as I can
>> see this is already planned. So I keep this not in the proposal.
>
> It's always good to have cooperation.

The Abuse Finder Frontend
(http://lab.db.ripe.net/portal/abuse-finder.htm) already shows AfriNIC
and APNIC as additional Source.

I think there are already things going on. So no need to add it to the
proposal.

>> Okay. Sounds good as well. Can we go one step further and say that
>> AfriNIC is informing their members about this actively?
>
> Yes.  It may be redundant as it is useless to publish a a Best
> Practice Paper and not inform the members about it.
>
>> "AfriNIC publishes a Best Practice Paper and informs all their
>> members actively to encourage them to use the object to publish
>> abuse contact information."
>
> What does informs all their members "actively" mean?

Introduce it at Meetings, add it to the trainings, contacting members
and inform them via email. If members add or change information in the
MyAfriNIC portal or get new allocation it could be mentioned as optional
but a Best Practice.

I'm not a AfriNIC member, so I do not know exactly how AfriNIC promotes
things like that. If it is not necessary, we can get rid of it.

>> I hope the new Version (see attached) will find consensus here as
>> well.
>
> Good luck with the proposal.

Thanks,

Tobias