[AfriNIC-rpd] Abuse Contact Information in the AfriNIC Service Region - Version 2

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 10:31:56 UTC 2010

2010/9/24 Tobias Knecht <tk at abusix.com>:
> Hi,
>
>> "a specific and dedicated object which shall be used in future as
>> the one and only place to publish abuse contact information within
>> the AfriNIC region."
>>
>> I would replace "the one and only" with "as the most appropriate"
>
> The intend of this was to stop any other ways of publishing abuse
> contact information within the whois database and not to do the same as
> other RIRs did and have 10 different ways and places to publish abuse
> contact information.
>
> Can we change this part in this way?
> "... a specific object which shall be used in future as the one and only
> place in the AfriNIC whois database to publish abuse contact information
> within the AfriNIC region"

It's the "one and only" bit that I object to.

I want folk to have the freedom to place "abuse at foc.bar" in an email: attribute.

This may be acceptable:

 "... a specific object which shall be used in future to publish
 publish abuse contact information in the AfriNIC whois database."

--
Cheers,

McTim