[AfriNIC-rpd] Announcing AfriNIC-13 meeting in Johannesburg: 20-26 November 2010

Adiel A. Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Tue Aug 10 14:16:17 UTC 2010

[*** Sorry for cross-posting if you are receiving several copy of this
message ***]

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that the AFRINIC-13 Public Policy Meeting
will be held in Johannesburg, South Africa from 20-26 November 2010.

During the meeting we will hear from professionals in our region
operating Internet services and infrastructure, and also welcome
global industry partners to contribute to topical issues related to IP
networking that affect the African region.  These will include updates
on IPv6 deployment in all sectors, Internet Numbers Resources
management policies under discussion in the AfriNIC region, as well as
an update on policy development in the global arena.  AfriNIC will
also host its Government Working Group meeting and a Law Enforcement
Workshop on 24 November.

Participants will have the opportunity to engage in hands-on workshops
in IPv6 for Network Operators;  a 3 day Computer Emergency Response
Team (CERT) workshop for trainers, and a one day discussion on CERT
for managers and policy makers.

You are warmly invited to join us at, and to share experiences and
knowledge with Internet experts from the AfriNIC region, and from
around the world who will be present at this event.

If you are interested in making presentations, or offering tutorials,
and/or technical demonstrations during the AfriNIC-13 meeting you will
find related information at:

http://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-13/index.php/call-for-presentations

All submissions should be sent to meeting at afrinic.net before 20
September 2010.

General information about the AfriNIC-13 meeting can be found on the
meeting website at:

http://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-13/

Registration for the meeting will open on 1 September 2010.

We wish to take this opportunity to thank you all for your continued
support and confidence in AfriNIC, and we look forward to welcoming
you and your colleagues to South Africa and to another successful
AfriNIC meeting.

Sincerely
Adiel A. Akplogan                         Tel. +230 403 51 00
Chief Executive Officer, AfriNIC          Fax: +230 466 67 58
adiel at afrinic.net - www.afrinic.net       sip: adiel at voip.afrinic.net