[AfriNIC-rpd] Updated Versions of Policy Proposals now Online

Borg virtual.borg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 04:20:47 UTC 2010

Borg le Chevalier

>> 2. Policy Development Process proposal is at
>> <http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/AFPUB-2010-GEN-005.htm>
>> http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/AFPUB-2010-GEN-005.htm
>>

>> This proposal too is also not consistent with paragraph numbering.
>>

> The version I submitted is at
> https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2010/001000.html  I did not use
> paragraph numbering.  It is the sections and sub-sections that are numbered.
>  The previous versions of the proposal used the same format.

Going back to fundamentals: "What is the purpose of that numbering?" ... I
believe it is to make referencing them easier. To now have numbering for
some sections, and leave whole paragraphs unumbered is

1. Inconsistent.
2. Seems to imply that those unumbered paragraphs are not important enough
to warrant having a way to refer to them.

I think this needs to be fixed for the whole process.