[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: Return of Policy Proposal RPD Mailinglist: Abuse Contact Information in the AfriNIC Service Region

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 21:57:45 UTC 2010

So, stepping back from debate mode, does this accurately capture the
majority of what we want to accomplish at this step?

  - Make it possible (and easy) for netblock holders to specify a
dedicated abuse contact.
  - Store such abuse contacts in the database.
  - Make it possible for anyone to query for the abuse contact
associated with an IP/netblock, without a 200-query limit.
  - Make netblock holders interacting with AfriNIC aware that they can
now add a dedicated abuse contact, and encourage them to do so if they
have such an address available.

I think I've seen a consensus around those items, at least...

-Scott