[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: Return of Policy Proposal RPD Mailinglist: Abuse Contact Information in the AfriNIC Service Region

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Jul 6 20:20:44 UTC 2010

That's fine by me, but, please keep in mind the following principle:

Duplication of the same data in databases is bad because it leads to loss
of synchronization of that data and poor maintenance practices.

It is my belief that the IRT object would result in this type of duplication
and loss of synchronization regardless of the front-end implementation.
If not immediately (assuming a perfect initial implementation of the
front-end), then, likely in the longer term as the synchronization
requirement gets forgotten in some future update to the front-end.

Owen