[AfriNIC-rpd] Return of Policy Proposal RPD Mailinglist: Abuse Contact Information in the AfriNIC Service Region

Vincent Ngundi vincent at ngundi.me.ke
Fri Jun 25 18:19:50 UTC 2010

 Dear Colleagues,

The Abuse Contact Information Policy Proposal did not gather consensus
during the AfriNIC 12 Public Policy meeting held on 3rd June 2010 in Kigali,
Rwanda. In line with the AfriNIC PDP, the policy proposal returns to the
Resource Policy Discuss (RPD)mailing list (rpd at afrinic.net) for further
discussion and may be presented at the next AfriNIC Public Policy meeting.

The input from the community was as follows:
1. That a role handle (abuse-c) is used instead of an IRT Object
2. That the role handle (abuse-c) is made optional.

Other than the above, it was apparent that majority of the community did not
clearly understand the policy proposal. The discussions that have ensued
after the AfriNIC 12 public policy meeting are an attestation to this and
have gone a long way in enhancing the understanding of the community and
thus the need or not for such a policy in our region.

I therefore appeal to the community to participate in the discussions on
this (and other policy proposals) so that we can all contribute towards this
all important process.

You can find the text of the policy proposal at:
http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/AFPUB-2010-GEN-002.htm. The author of
policy proposal will revise the text in order to reflect the input from the
community.

You can find out more about the AfriNIC PDP at:
http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/AFPUB-2008-GEN-001.htm.

To subscribe to the AfriNIC Resource Policy Discuss mailing list (the
AfriNIC policy discussion mailing list), please send a blank email with the
subject 'subscribe' to
*rpd-request at afrinic.net* <rpd-request at afrinic.net>.

Kind Regards,

Vincent Ngundi