[AfriNIC-rpd] Last Call: IPv4 Soft Landing Proposal

Auwal Tata tatauwal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 13:12:46 UTC 2010

Thanks MCTim, now somebody is actually thinking my direction. I raised
this issue during the Afrinic meetings in Kigali. I said limiting an
LIR to a /23 that will eventually subnetted and given out to endusers
will be grossly inadequate. /23 only contains 2 /24s with just 254
usable IPs how many end users can be accommodated with that. This will
only encourage NATting. I dont suppose that exactly conforms with our
cause.
I believe some of us have this sentimental attachment  to IPV4 will
not want to let go. I strongly think allocation of IPV4 should
continue as is so it gets exhausted, then people will realise how much
they need to move to IPV6.

Tata