[AfriNIC-rpd] abuse contact information in whois database (AFPUB-2010-GEN-002)

SM sm at resistor.net
Wed Jun 16 08:51:35 UTC 2010

Hi Tobias,
At 12:35 15-06-10, Tobias Knecht wrote:
>Wrong. Our spamtrap network receives around 15 million spam messages a
>day and that is just because we do not want to spend more money to
>receive more. That is all over round about 48.000 different AS Numbers
>world wide just in May 2010. 10% of the AS Numbers are based in the US.

This is an individual comment.  What percentage of those 15 million
spam messages would generate a query for the AfriNIC region?  Owen
DeLong mentioned aggregation and bulk whois access in a reply to your
message.  Is your network doing that?

>So in my opinion there is a need of unrestricted query access.

The need for unrestricted query access should not be turned into
unlimited queries as it can affect Whois operations.

Regards,
-sm