[AfriNIC-rpd] Policy Development Process in the AfriNIC service region (draft version 3)

Walubengo J jwalu at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 1 09:34:56 UTC 2010

SM,

i know this is coming in late but just two things i need clarified.

1. Under Conflict Resolution, Recall of the Chair:- what are the typical circumstances under which the Chair of the Policy Dev. group can be recalled?  Should this be predefined to avoid abuse of the system? imagine endless recall processes arising from members on "flimsy" reasons. Also assuming a succesfull recall happens, does the remaining PD group members appoint the new chair or does the community get a replacement?

2. Under ,Varying the Process:- You say the Policy Dev process could be varied under an "emergency". Again what are these typical emergencies? Should we define them to avoid abuse from the Board/Working Groups? Also who and how will the request to vary the process in an emergency situation be approved?

walu.