[AfriNIC-rpd] abuse contact information in whois database (AFPUB-2010-GEN-002)

SM sm at resistor.net
Tue May 25 19:51:54 UTC 2010

At 10:52 25-05-10, Graham Beneke wrote:
>The RPD list has been off my radar for a little while and I have
>only recently become aware of this proposal. Below are my thoughts:

I wondered whether there would be any comments on this proposal. :-)

>This is my primary concern. Many LIRs in the AfriNIC region already
>struggle to maintain their objects correctly and with no perceived
>benefit to this new object I expect take up will be low or invalid
>data will be entered into the db in order to bypass the requirements.

This proposal affects AfriNIC members.  Nobody, except for a few
regular members, commented on it.  If the LIRs in the AfriNIC region
are already struggling, this may end up being more work for them.

If invalid data is entered, there will be external consequences.

Regards,
-sm