[AfriNIC-rpd] IPv4 Soft Landing Policy

Douglas Onyango ondouglas at yahoo.com
Mon May 17 11:00:55 UTC 2010

Hello SM,
Thanks for the comments.
>It would be clearer if you use the text proposed by Scott Leibrand:

  "During the exhaustion phase, the following allocation and assignment
   policy for IPv4 addresses will be used:"

We haven't agreed in principle to include resources that will be available to AfriNIC at the time but outside the /8 - i think it is important for us to agree on this then this bit and the Incentives, summary et al below can be changed among other things:-

>This document proposes a strategy for allocation and maintenance of AfriNIC's final /8 block of IPv4 from IANA

I personally am ok with it, and i assume Scott and SM are.......does anyone have objections?

Also very important is for us to address both PA/PI assignment - What is you take on addressing Assignment and allocation in the same policy?

I personally don't mind doing it, but like McTim (i believe) pointed out a while ago...the proposal seems to do too much.

Regards,
Douglas Onyango +256(0712)981329

Life is the educators practical joke in which you spend the first half learning, and the second half learning that everything you learned in the first was wrong.