[AfriNIC-rpd] Address Utilization Criteria

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Mon Dec 7 08:06:42 UTC 2009

Then I¹m missing the point.

ULAs can¹t be announced. They are for private use (one or several
organizations).

What I understood from Graham is that he want to avoid the ³announce²
requisite in the existing policies.

Regards,
Jordi

From: Walubengo J <jwalu at yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 22:20:02 -0800 (PST)
To: <rpd at afrinic.net>, Jordi Palet Martínez <jordi.palet at consulintel.es>
Subject: Re: [AfriNIC-rpd] Address Utilization Criteria

Jordi,

not sure if ULAs would address Graham's needs. From my understanding, he
seems to want "Full-internet" services but constrained within a limited
Geographic location (hence the likelihood that the block allocated need not
be "globally" announced"  .

My understanding of ULAs is that they are "private" though  routable IPv6s.
Not sure if the "private" aspect would compromise the "Full-internet"
capabilities that Graham seeks. Put differently, he perhaps seeks an
exception change in policy that requires globall announcements for IP
allocations within 12mnths...

walu.

--- On Sun, 12/6/09, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet at consulintel.es>