[AfriNIC-rpd] IPv4 Softlanding Proposal Update

Graham Beneke graham-ml at apolix.co.za
Tue Dec 1 19:54:15 UTC 2009

SM wrote:
> That's a good point.   Does this community share the concern that
> companies from outside the AfriNIC region will set up shop in the region
> to reuse the resources mainly in other service regions?

Many communities seem to protect their IPv4 resources from outsiders and
I still have not figured out why.

The reality is that at our current rate of resource consumption - we
will probably not even have begun using our final /8 when the rest of
the regions have completely run out. Why is there a need to so carefully
protect our final /8 when the rest of the world is already using IPv6
networks and has already given up on IPv4?

--
Graham Beneke
E-Mail/MSN/Jabber: graham at apolix.co.za   Skype: grbeneke