[AfriNIC-rpd] IPv6 Allocations for Non-Profit Networks

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Fri Nov 27 11:39:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-26 at 11:44 +0000, Graham Beneke wrote:
> I would like to propose the following criteria for qualification as a
> non-profit network relating to the above policy proposal.
>
> ---------------------------
> A non-profit network is a network organized and operated by a volunteer
> group. This group must be operating as or under the fiscal support of a
> non-profit organization for the purpose of providing free or low cost
> services to a local community. The organization must be able to certify
> to AfriNIC that it's network staff are 100% volunteer. AfriNIC may at
> its own discretion request additional documentation from applicants
> detailing their non-profit status under local legal frameworks.

Because of the ability of AfriNIC to ask for more info - I'd approve
this proposal. We can always reshape the policy to make it fit better in
future sessions as we learn of its weaknesses.

There really needs to be a reasonable solution for this - and its
happening (sort of similar) in Arin....

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa.  e.164 VOIP ready
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE