[AfriNIC-rpd] IPv6 Allocations for Non-Profit Networks

Graham Beneke graham-ml at apolix.co.za
Thu Nov 26 11:44:07 UTC 2009

I would like to propose the following criteria for qualification as a
non-profit network relating to the above policy proposal.

---------------------------
A non-profit network is a network organized and operated by a volunteer
group. This group must be operating as or under the fiscal support of a
non-profit organization for the purpose of providing free or low cost
services to a local community. The organization must be able to certify
to AfriNIC that it's network staff are 100% volunteer. AfriNIC may at
its own discretion request additional documentation from applicants
detailing their non-profit status under local legal frameworks.
---------------------------

Feedback would be appreciated so that we can have a constructive
discussions during tomorrows policy session in Dakar.

At 01:08 03-09-2009, Graham Beneke wrote:
 >A community network is any network organized and operated by a
 >volunteer group operating as or under the fiscal support of a
 >non-profit organization or university for the purpose of providing
 >free or low-cost connectivity to the residents of their local
 >service area. To be treated as a community network under ARIN
 >policy, the applicant must certify to ARIN that the community
 >network staff is 100% volunteers.

Graham Beneke
E-Mail/MSN/Jabber: graham at apolix.co.za   Skype: grbeneke
VoIP: +27-87-550-1010                    Cell: +27-82-432-1873