[AfriNIC-rpd] Last Call for Comments: Global Policy Proposal for the Allocation of IPv4 Blocks to Regional

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 00:02:55 UTC 2009

While we do need everyone to start supporting IPv6 as soon as
possible, the requirement for dual-stack connectivity means there will
be a continued need for IPv4 addresses, at least for transitional
technologies, until almost everyone has transitioned to IPv6 and all
IPv4 islands are using something like NAT-PT to talk to the IPv6
Internet. That will take a few years past IANA exhaustion, at best,
and may take a decade or more.

-Scott