[AfriNIC-rpd] AfriNIC Policy Proposal Summary

SM sm at resistor.net
Wed May 13 14:55:51 UTC 2009

At 05:50 15-04-2009, Vincent Ngundi wrote:
>Policy proposal : IPv6 Allocations to Non-Profit Networks
>Proposal Date : 13 Jan 2009
>Scope : Regional proposal
>afpol-v6200901
><<http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/afpol-v6200901.htm>http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/afpol-v6200901.htm>

>entities to obtain a /48 PI IPv6 addressing resources from AfriNIC
>and drive the deployment of and demand for IPv6 services through
>this in Africa.

The Definitions section has an "(a)" only.

The definition mentions legal responsibility within a country or
region.  I suggest removing "region" as ths proposed policy is for
local geographical areas only.

Does the organisation have to justify the need for the IPv6 address space?

The abstract mentions a membership category.  There is no mention of
that or what fee structure is applicable in the text that follows.

Regards,
-sm