[AfriNIC-rpd] afpol-v4gp200802

Hytham EL Nakhal hytham at mcit.gov.eg
Fri May 30 21:30:35 UTC 2008

Dear All,

On behalf of the global policy for the allocation of the remaining IPv4 address space proposal authors' , I'd like to summarize what happened in the last semester for the proposal in other regions. In APNIC, ARIN, and RIPENCC regions we faced a lot of objection for N=2 or higher and after  ARIN meeting we had convinced that N=1 will be more convenient for all RIRs and got a request from the community to update the proposal and cooperate with JPNIC team to get one combined proposal to be resubmitted to all RIRs. This new proposal have got consensus in last ARIN meeting and approved by ARIN AC and waiting for board approval now, In last APNIC meeting it didn't get consensus and returned to mailing list for more discussion, the same for RIPENCC last meeting, and in last LACNIC meeting it got consensus with 40 votes in favor to 0 against and it's now in the last phase for approval.

Regards,
Haitham