[AfriNIC-rpd] IPv6 adoption

Badru Ntege ntegeb at one2net.co.ug
Fri Mar 28 10:20:57 UTC 2008

Hi All

>From scanning the email addresses and the content of the recent thread it
seems that most of the action is based in south Africa.  I'm I wrong on this
?? if not then I do feel that we need to do allot more for the rest of the
continent and maybe even review what we are doing now and have done so far
since the penetration and operationalization has not spread too much north
of Jo'burg.

Do we need to re-invent the wheel or can we learn for other regions.

Also from the respondents I get the feeling that we are walking the same way
we did with the V4 rollout and we will perpetually be the last adopters,
maybe it's just the cynic in me.

Or could it be the more outreach work needs to be done ?

I firmly believe that we need to actively for want of a better word "spread
the V6 Gospel" and the challenge we all have is how we do it effectively.

Thinking loudly today Africa has four submarine projects being planned by a
number of entities.  Would it be worth proposing that these all be v6
platforms.  Nepad (god help us) is proposing UHRUNET which not only will be
submarine but also heavily Terrestrial across countries and interlinking
into national backbones would pushing V6 down this avenue help ??

Lets discuss or trash these ideas

Regards

Badru