[AfriNIC-rpd] IPV6 Adoption

Colin Alston colin at thusa.co.za
Thu Mar 27 13:07:40 UTC 2008

On 27/03/2008 14:22 Mark J Elkins wrote:
> I think in fairness, SAIX wants to give IPv6 on its ADSL network - but
> has billing issues - they can't yet properly measure traffic
> distinctions between Local and International sites. Victor Wilson was
> tasked with the problem.

<Brief Rant for the benefit of those unaware of the absurdity of ZA
internet>

Well, in reality it's more a case of the billing system being wrong
than anything else. In the rest of the world differentiating between
local and international bandwidth is a completely absurd idea in the
first place. If they could concede defeat there, perhaps this
ridiculous South African crack-pot idea of destination based billing
will end.