[AfriNIC-rpd] IPV6 Adoption

Alan Levin alan at futureperfect.co.za
Thu Mar 27 11:05:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

On 27 Mar 2008, at 11:41 AM, Colin Alston wrote:
> I think we're doing or have done what we should be doing. That is to
> support the right policies to get us closer to adoption, and to
> pressurise incumbent ISPs into seeing the business case for v6.

The main problem in SA is - as Colin pointed out - the first tier
primary networks (ie IS/Telkom/Verizon/etc) do not really care about
this yet. I know because I've been asking our account manager - and
others - for v6 for more than 4 years.  Without success.

I am not convinced that more marketing, training encouragement is
going to work as well as personalization.

Does anyone still believe is face to face? Will it help if Adiel had a
private meeting with the Executive Directors / CEOs at Verizon/Telkom/
IS?

regards

Alan

--