[AfriNIC-rpd] IPV6 Adoption

Graham Beneke graham-ml at apolix.co.za
Thu Mar 27 08:58:40 UTC 2008

Mark Elkins wrote:

> Perhaps first look at..
> http://www.sixxs.net/tools/grh/dfp/all/?continent=africa

One that you won't find there is the IPv6 deployments by the community
networks in ZA. I'm busy managing the deployment of v6 on the
www.jawug.za.net network. At this stage the network is not carrying much
v6 traffic but v6 pings can cross most of the core routers without a
problem.

>> 1) Are you currently running IPv6 in either test or production mode

JAWUG is technically permanently in test mode but we like to aspire to
production mode service levels.

>> 5) Any suggestions on what we should be doing as a community ??
>>
>> If anyone can add to or modify the questions above please do so

I would really like to be able to be awarded with better discounts for
being an early adopter although I know AfriNIC has done a lot towards
that already.

--
Graham Beneke
Apolix Internet Services