[AfriNIC-rpd] IPV6 Adoption

Badru Ntege ntegeb at one2net.co.ug
Thu Mar 27 06:46:02 UTC 2008

Members

On a secondary note I'm curious on how many operational IPv6 networks we
have on the continent.  When you look around the continent there are a
number of government and Private backed broadband projects which will spur
demand for existing V4 allocations.  However if as planned the
infrastructure growth stimulates the expected economic activity we will see
demand for Ip resources escalate in the short time we might be able to have
the resources in the region but the question is how long and thus for future
sustainability are we ready for V6 transition ?

On this I would like to pose a few questions again

1) Are you currently running IPv6 in either test or production mode

2) Are you aware of any Network operators on the continent with either
published or internal V6 plans

3) Are you aware of any government supported initiatives around the V6
adoption

4) If you are not doing anything now is the reason due to lack of awareness
or is it a deliberate action to sit and wait

5) Any suggestions on what we should be doing as a community ??

If anyone can add to or modify the questions above please do so

Regards

Badru