??: [AfriNIC-rpd] Summary of Policy Discussions

Philip Smith pfs at cisco.com
Mon Sep 17 10:40:24 UTC 2007

Alain Patrick AINA said the following on 17/9/07 19:52:
>> I do not understand the reference to the Moderator Group. The Policy
>> Development Process document on the AfriNIC web site (http://
>> www.afrinic.net/pdp.htm) doesn't seem to have any mention of
>> moderation. Can you please clarify for me?
>
> he was talking about the new PDP under discussion
>
> http://www.afrinic.net/docs/policies/afpol-pdp200707.htm

Ah so this is like the APNIC Policy SIG Chairs or the RIPE Address
Policy WG Chairs?

But I don't think they'd be moderating postings to the mailing list,
right? Well, apart from the usual spam and behavioural aspects at least. ;-)

I think only allowing the PDP Moderator Group to post to the list would
be a seriously retrograde step in what is meant to be an open and
inclusive process.

philip