[AfriNIC-rpd] What is our take on the central pool IPv4 exhaustion?

Adiel A. Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Mon Aug 13 09:03:07 UTC 2007

Hello Andrew,

Point noted.

we are all (RIRs) involved in the Resource Certification project which
probably answers your question about how possible role of RIR in the
post depletion period. Se AfriNICNews_Issue.5

http://www.afrinic.net/corporate/AfriNICnews5.pdf

and other presentation on the topic at previous AfriNIC meetings.

For the purpose of what will happen after the exhaustion period you
may also want to check the policy recently proposed by Geoff in APNIC
region.

Local Policy in APNIC Region
Title: IPv4 address transfers
http://www.afrinic.net/corporate/AfriNICNews-4-09.03.2006.pdf
[This policy proposes removing APNIC policy restrictions on the
transfer of registration of IPv4 address allocations and IPv4
portable address assignments between current APNIC account holders]

- a.