[AfriNIC-rpd] What is our take on the central pool IPv4 exhaustion?

Richard Bell richard at bell.co.ke
Sat Aug 11 16:47:47 UTC 2007

I have not followed the debate in detail. However clearly the cost to operators of upgrading their networks are significant. Furthermore the relative growth of african networks is gaining momentum.  Since many networks rely on the second hand equipment markets to grow cost eff ectively and since africa has the smallest share of existing ipv4 allocations, why not do something radical like lobbying for afrinic to get the lions share of what's left..................

Kind Regards,
Richard Bell
sent from my Wananchi Mobile