[AfriNIC-rpd] Call for Comments for IPv6 HD Ratio Change

Leo Vegoda leo.vegoda at icann.org
Tue May 22 18:11:37 UTC 2007

On 22 May 2007, at 12:40pm, Alain Patrick AINA wrote:

[...]

>>> It may make sense to allow the current HD Ratio change to go
>>> through and
>>> put through a new proposal for use by REN's to be excluded - or
>>> rather -
>>> if they are following the above guideline - for that to be taken
>>> into
>>> consideration.
>>
>> You'd like RENs to get a special policy allowing them to be less
>> efficient but hold supermarket operators, military organisations and
>> telephone companies to the higher efficiency threshold? Is that
>> right?
>>
>> Why should RENs get an easier life than everyone else?
>
> i expect this answer to come with the arguments behind the
> barcelona recommendation
> through the policy proposal.

If NRENs' networks are so significantly different from the networks
run by everyone else then I am sure they will be able to provide
convincing arguments. So, my question to the NREN folks is: what is
it that is different about your networks that means they need a
special case policy?

Leo Vegoda
IANA Numbers Liaison