[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: [resource-policy] AfriNIC Policy Proposal: IPv6ProviderIndependent (PI) Assignment for End-Sites

Alain Patrick AINA aalain at trstech.net
Sun Mar 18 21:10:16 UTC 2007

On Friday 16 March 2007 10:05:40 Vincent Ngundi wrote:
> Hi Colleagues,
>
> I'm sending a copy of Jordi's amendments to the draft policy I
> proposed for your consideration.
>
> Kindly note that the points he intends to alter are as follows:
>
> (a) changing the word "end-user(s)" to "end-user-organisation(s)"
>
> (b) changing the assignment target from provides of "Public Internet
> services" to providers of "services" thus;
>
> "End-sites which provide Public Internet services for a single
> administrative organisations' network, regardless of their size."

> "End-sites which provide services for a single administrative
> organisations' network, regardless of their size."
>
> (c) There should be no need for assigning a prefix longer than /48;
> thus a minimum assignment of a /48 or a shorter prefix if AfriNIC
> deems there's justification.

it is more than that.
d)  changing "end-sites" to end-user-organizations

We could open  long discussions on these points, but i think they are not
necessary.

The initial draft updated with the results on discussions on  "boundary"
and "size" of  the specific block to be used for the assignments is ok for
me.

--alain