[AfriNIC-rpd] Re: [resource-policy] AfriNIC Policy Proposal:IPv6ProviderIndependent (PI) Assignment for End-Sites

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Mar 16 09:56:12 UTC 2007

Ok. My *personal* view, today, with the information I've at hand, is that
/48 will be enough for 99.99% of the sites. I don't want to say forever, as
you never know, but for sure for long time in terms of tens of years
probably.

That's why I'm convinced that /48 as a starting point for this makes sense
(in terms of *SIZE*, a different history is what may happens with routing
filters/practices). But I prefer to see a policy that allows, with the
corresponding justification to AfriNIC, this size to be extended if required
(for example the requester end-user-organization has more than one site).

Regards,
Jordi

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !