[policy-wg] AfriNIC policy: IPv6 for critical infrastructure

AINA ALAIN PATRICK(TRS) aalain at trstech.net
Fri Oct 6 10:36:11 UTC 2006

> >I'm concerned about the delay due to convening a public meeting.
>
> We will be happy to have input from the community here, but if
> we take in account the very low participation to policy discussions
> online ... it may not be a good idea to only make decision based on
> online discussions. People seems to be more open to speak at a meeting
> than writing an e-mail.

Taking that we have only two meetings a year, the max latency to a public  face-to-face meeting after the 30 days of online discussions is 7 months.
To this we have to add  one month (15 days for the last call) and 15 days to get it ractified (my estimation).

 So in the worse case, we have 8 months to get a new policy.  And yes, this may seem high in case of  new technologies like IPv6.

-alain