[policy-wg] Fwd: [afnog] IP addresses returned to AfriNIC by TENET

Adiel A. Akplogan adiel at akplogan.com
Thu Sep 1 22:27:45 UTC 2005

At 13:17 01/09/2005 +0200, you wrote:
>Hey guys - I have a bunch of /24's sitting in 192.96.X.X .. so lets not
>talk about "returning IP space" just yet... Anything in 192/8 is worth
>its weight in Gold (except 192.168. ? ;-) - as /24's are world routable
>(Swamp) (not sure which other /8's are swamp).

Mark, worry not. As said this process will not have effect on IPblock hold
by people if they replay to our call to provide proper information for
them to be properly register in our whois as 'ASSIGNED PI'. Also no fee
will be associated with them [Yet :)]

>Whilst thinking about what Adiel said about there being no aggregation
>of the space, I'd love to swap some (multiple) of the /24 address space
>I have with one particular address (192.96.24.0/24) - so that I end up
>with a contiguous block (/22) on the appropriate bit boundary.... bit of
>renumbering on my side - but worth the bother.

We can work on that direct your concern to hostmaster at afrinic.net and we
can how this can be workable.

- a.