[policy-wg] Fwd: [afnog] IP addresses returned to AfriNIC by TENET

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Thu Sep 1 11:17:59 UTC 2005

Hey guys - I have a bunch of /24's sitting in 192.96.X.X .. so lets not
talk about "returning IP space" just yet... Anything in 192/8 is worth
its weight in Gold (except 192.168. ? ;-) - as /24's are world routable
(Swamp) (not sure which other /8's are swamp).

Whilst thinking about what Adiel said about there being no aggregation
of the space, I'd love to swap some (multiple) of the /24 address space
I have with one particular address (192.96.24.0/24) - so that I end up
with a contiguous block (/22) on the appropriate bit boundary.... bit of
renumbering on my side - but worth the bother.

--
  .  .     ___. .__      Posix Systems - Sth Africa.  e.164 VOIP ready
 /| /|       / /__       mje at posix.co.za  -  Mark J Elkins, Cisco CCIE