[AFRINIC-Incidents] WHOIS service - scheduled maintenance

AFRINIC Infrastructure Incident Announcements incidents at afrinic.net
Thu May 26 07:00:17 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues,

We have  just completed a scheduled upgrade of our WHOIS service. The outage associated with this was extremely brief and probably went unnoticed. Apologies that we didn’t get the advanced warning out that is part of our normal process. If you did notice a few minutes interruption in service, rest assured it was planned.

We’re also working on making our WHOIS service more redundant, so that future similar upgrades would not result in any interruptions.

Regards,
AFRINIC IT Team