[Icann-aswg] Mauritous agenda and other issues

Nii Quaynor nquaynor at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 19:47:12 SAST 2012

Hi Tarek,

On Aug 14, 2012, at 17:11, Tarek KAMEL <tarek.kamel at icann.org> wrote:

> Dear everybody,
>
> How are you all doing, I hope all right.
>
> - I am writing to you to followup on the agenda of Mauritius, we need to discuss it. Is there a draft?

The draft agenda under discussion is:
- Introducing ICANN's strategic plan
- African needs as expressed in the survey
- facts on African situation within ICANN operations
- Africa and ICANN : priorities for a win win relationship
- outlining the Africa - ICANN strategy for 2012-2015
-rôles and responsibilities
- way forward and presentation
- Conclusion

> - what about the questionnaire that was sent out, any feedback?

The questionnaire analysis will be discussed in Mauritius

> - we need to submit a proposal for the presentation of our african strategy in Toronto.

That's a commitment which the ASWG intends to fulfill

> The CEO will speak about it in his opening remarks, but we need to have a separate panel or session to present it in some more details. Latin America is also trying to come up with a session for a presentation to show their work in progress for their new strategy (as supposed).

We are not looking at other regions at the moment.

|Should we have a main panel or just a |session? I think a panel should be |suitable?
>
> How many speakers do we propose? We can just have now a preliminary proposal and change later. Just give me your ideas and I will draft something.

The ASWG will to discuss these and other related issues at the retreat and develop a report to present to you at ICANN

> - my last comment is related to the event later this month in Johannesburg about peering .....
>  It would be useful if maybe Palesa would attend and make some networking and give us some
>   feedback
>
> Please keep in contact
> Best regards

Best