[IANAOversight] A proposal submitted to the ICG

Barrack Otieno otieno.barrack at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 07:21:02 UTC 2014

Received with thanks Adiel.

The tone with which this proposal is written is not right and could
result in a stalemate. I think it is important for the global Internet
Community to be provided with a simple document that shows how the
Internet has evolved, the role of different actors and the compromises
that were made that resulted in the current development of the
Internet. Unless we acknowledge what has been done and understand why
it was done that way we might not be able to achieve much. I think any
process has to be led by the right spirit whose overall goal is to
address the common good.
>From the proposal i note that there is lack of trust which is
justified, however it is important to note that one of the tenets that
enabled the fathers of the internet to work together was trust which
resulted in collaboration and coordination. For us to move forwad we
MUST work at establishing this trust policies wont develop the next
internet PEOPLE will.

Best Regards

--
Barrack O. Otieno