[IANAOversight] Number community ICG update at ICANN

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 01:34:08 UTC 2014

sent from Google nexus 4
kindly excuse brevity and typos.
On 17 Oct 2014 14:55, "Adiel Akplogan" <adiel at afrinic.net> wrote:
>:
> >
> > - I don’t think this have to go through board, i think it should go in
the manner similar to Co-chairs/ASO members election process; basically i
am saying the selection should just be done by the community.

> But that will take even more time because you will have to run it through
the NomCom and then run a proper election at the upcoming face to face
meeting. Which is after what I suggest above to have (c) the AFRINIC CRISP
members appointed before AFRINIC-21 meeting.

This is fine then so long as board will expedite the process. I was
actually not considering the physical election just thinking selection can
be done online through MyAfriNIC. Nevertheless I think the route you
proposed is fine.

> > - Considering there is no much time i think there may be need to
expedite this timelines and it will be good to have the CRISP members all
set by end of October.

> I’m not sure end-of October will be reasonable (that is 10 days from
now). I will discuss this with the other RIRs and see what they will be
doing.

Yeah time is ticking generally. My concern is just that we should try not
to use the face2face for startup. Will be good if the team can present a
draft at our face2face.

> > - May I also propose that the RIRs have the same timeline of members
formulation.

> We will try to define the date for the CRSP team to be in place (my
understanding is that group should be in place by end of November when
AFRINIC will close the loop of consultation, but I will raise this with the
other RIRs for us to try to further clarify it for everyone.

Okay noted.

Note that the document published is clear about the fact that each
community will select their reps through their own process. And different
processes will have different process timeline.

Sure this is fine and I am not disputing this. I am just saying we should
have a similar timeline to producing crisp members.

Cheers!
https://www.nro.net/nro-and-internet-governance/iana-oversight/timeline-for-rirs-engagement-in-iana-stewardship-transition-process

> > > On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Adiel Akplogan<adiel at afrinic.net>
wrote:
> > > ** With the file attached **
> > >
> > > Dear all,
> > >
> > > Here is the slides that I have used to deliver the Number community
process update. Seun has just shared with you the announcement of the
creation of the CRISP to consolidate the final proposal. Comment and
contributions are welcome.