[DBWG] AFRINIC RPKI RRDP connectivity issues?

Michel Odou michel.odou at afrinic.net
Mon May 22 08:17:06 UTC 2023

Dear Job,

Please note that the RRDP service used to run on a server that was using
default settings.

Recently, we noticed a spike in the number of requests to the service
and this has resulted in the server being overwhelmed and unable to
handle the load - which explains the slow download speed and connexion
drops that you observed in the past few weeks.

After proper monitoring, we worked on some optimizations to enhance the
service and better manage the load. We will continue monitoring the
server and do the necessary to avoid any performance hit.

Regards,
Michel

On 21/05/2023 17:05, Job Snijders via DBWG wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It seems the issue was resolved yesterday May 20th, 2023 around 07:55 UTC.
>
> Was a change made? Can anyone clarify what happened? Thanks!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Job

Michel ODOU
Head of IT & Security
African Network Information Centre (AFRINIC) Ltd.
t: +230 403 51 00 | f: +230 466 6758 | w: https://www.afrinic.net