[DBWG] AfriNIC's RDAP Service and the IANA Bootstrap Registry

Yogesh yogesh at afrinic.net
Wed Dec 14 07:46:17 UTC 2022

Good morning.

Thank you very much for pointing this out.

We note that, from RFC 9224
(https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc9224.html), "IANA updates RDAP
Bootstrap Services Registries entries from the allocation registries as
those registries are updated".

We have verified that AFRINIC's RDAP is duly referenced on the
allocation registries:

https://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space/ipv4-address-space.xhtml

https://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-unicast-address-assignments/ipv6-unicast-address-assignments.xhtml

https://www.iana.org/assignments/as-numbers/as-numbers.xhtml#AFRINIC

AFRINIC will promptly engage with IANA to find out why the AFRINIC RDAP
is not listed on the IANA Boostrap Service Registries and work to
resolve any blocker in order to have AFRINIC's RDAP on that list.

Kind regards,

Yogesh Chadee

Head of Value-Added Services

AFRINIC