[DBWG] Abuse contacts (?)

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Sep 1 23:26:34 UTC 2021

Just a question...

What is the history regarding abuse contact email addresses within the
AFRINIC region, as related to both IP blocks and ASNs?

I'm guessing that this topic has been discussed in the past, but perhaps
some kind person could give me a short summary of those past discussions.

Other RIRs have gone to some lengths to try to get resource holders to
register abuse addresses for their IP blocks and ASNs, in some cases
even mandating that. Has the AFRINIC region considered such a mandate?

Regards,
rfg