[DBWG] All AFRINIC-administered IP space

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sun Jul 25 21:12:43 UTC 2021

In message <2ee5422d-a57f-c381-4eed-baa06687b511 at geier.ne.tz>,
Frank Habicht <geier at geier.ne.tz> wrote:

>Since RADB does as far as i know not "have to" do what we ask, we have

>to refine *how* and *what* we ask. We == DBWG + AfriNIC

It isn't complicated. The request that eventually goes to the RADB folks
should just say "Please sirs, if you wold be so kind, please delete the
following route objects from your data base bacause they all refer either
(a) to unassigned AFRINIC-administered IP address space or else (b) to
unassigned AFRINIC-administered AS numbers."

>Ehm, I asked AfriNIC staff to publish the list of blocks they control.

They are a bit busy right now, I am guessing, but as you may have seen,
I already tried my own hand at producing exactly such a list:

https://pastebin.com/raw/xJARMhT7

The good news is that I am pretty darn sure that that list was both complete
and comprehensive as of the day I produced it.

The bad news is that on the Internet nothing lasts, and thus, that list
was already obsolete the day after I published it. :-( Because stuff
changes.

Regards,
rfg