[DBWG] All AFRINIC-administered IP space

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Sun Jul 25 19:37:15 UTC 2021

In message <CAEqgTWYeh9rWLq=KJ2-JKb8qkh=kZjN_2dFMZ-fHuno8E4nvpw at mail.gmail.com>
Noah <noah at neo.co.tz> wrote:

>> But I don't think that they {RADB} could or would

>> ignore a reasonable request that came to them direct from the staff at

>> any RIR. I will make some effort to see if I can find out about that.

>And this is where Afrinic staff would become in handy imho.

>So the next question would then be, can Afrinic pick this up on behalf of

>the community and ping RADB folks.

In good time, I will ask them {AFRINIC} to do so. But I think that this
is not an appropriate moment, as AFRINIC currently has other pressing
issues to deal with in the short term.

When I do make the request, I hope that other members of this group who
are supportive will also chime in and will also let AFRINIC staff and
management know that we would like them to take an active stance with
respect to RADB's apparently tendency to effectively authorize and
validate the use, by third-parties, of unassigned AFRINIC IP address
space. This certainly should not be allowed to continue with no push back.

Regards,
rfg