[DBWG] All AFRINIC-administered IP space

Frank Habicht geier at geier.ne.tz
Sun Jul 25 16:14:43 UTC 2021

Hi Sylvain and all,

On 25/07/2021 18:21, Sylvain Baya wrote:

> Dear DBWG,

> Le dimanche 25 juillet 2021, Noah <noah at neo.co.tz

> <mailto:noah at neo.co.tz>> a écrit :

> [...]

> But I don't think that they could or would

> ignore a reasonable request that came to them direct from the

> staff at

> any RIR.  I will make some effort to see if I can find out about

> that.

> And this is where Afrinic staff would become in handy imho.

> Hi Noah,

> Thanks for your email, brother!

> As there seems to be more than a full consensus

> on that cleanup request action.

I trust you mean the DBWG to ask AfriNIC staff to request RADB to do
some still-to-be-better-specified cleanup.
So this is for action at a party external to AfriNIC.....!

It looks like we're getting towards consensus.
I see Ronald, Noah, yourself and Frank-when-he's-not-co-chair supporting
this.
Wanted to give other just a little bit more time.

Nishal's message I understand as asking AfriNIC staff to publish blocks
under their control. nothing more (yet).

> So the next question would then be, can Afrinic pick this up on

> behalf of the community and ping RADB folks.

> ...i fail to see why they could not follow the DBWG

> consensus on that action.

Allow me to ask that we be very specific.
The "they" refers to "RADB folk"?
Because "Afrinic" would likely "pick this up and follow the DBWG consensus"

Since RADB does as far as i know not "have to" do what we ask, we have
to refine *how* and *what* we ask. We == DBWG + AfriNIC

and have to have consensus on it.

> Also, a co-chair has already call them to react.

Ehm, I asked AfriNIC staff to publish the list of blocks they control.
Hope that's what you refer to.

Regards,
Frank