[DBWG] --list-versions query on deleted resources?

Ben Maddison benm at workonline.africa
Wed Feb 24 09:57:16 UTC 2021

Hi Nishal,

On 02/23, Nishal Goburdhan wrote:

> On 3 Feb 2021, at 7:39, Nishal Goburdhan wrote:

> > > Most definitely.

> > > Kind regards

> > dear working group.

> dear co-chairs,

> > there have now been three statements supporting the request for historic

> > information to be made available (aka “whowas”)

> > there has been admission that this is possible, and “easy” to do.

> > there have been no statements indicating that this is a bad thing to do.

> > in the absence of any dissenting views, what is necessary to move this

> > forward?

> ever mindful that i might have forgotten the procedure, could you please

> respond to this mundane question?

Absent progress on re-chartering, I'm not sure there is a "procedure"
for us to follow, as such.

(Aside: the re-chartering is mostly in my court. Apologies for the lack
of progress. I will dedicate some attention to this within the next few
days)

Lacking that, I would suggest that *on this item*:
- We await the outcome of the legal due diligence that Yogesh has
indicated is being done;
- Assuming that comes back with a thumbs-up, we take some time to
provide our input as a WG on the details of the implementation we
would like to see, with a view to arriving at something the staff
considers deployable; and
- Do a quick last call on the proposed solution (maybe 1-2 weeks) to
give stragglers an opportunity to be heard.

If anyone would like to propose an alternative to the above plan, please
speak up as soon as possible. Silence will be interpreted as consent.

Cheers,

Ben