[DBWG] RIPE proposed changes to the routing registry

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Sat May 19 19:37:12 UTC 2018

On Sat, 19 May 2018 at 20:58, Sander Steffann <sander at steffann.nl> wrote:

> > During the database working group session at RIPE 76 a comment was made
> > where the person appeared skeptical about Level3's ability to use
> > route-objects stored in the AFRINIC database.
>
> If I remember they were talking about Tata.

Do you know a similar way to check how they build their filters?

Should probably just email them, I’m not aware of a public filtergen
service operated by TaTa.

Please note, I’m not willing to blindly iterate through an extensive list
of networks with zero evidence that there may be something up. Point me to
actual problems, and we’ll get them solved! :-)

All the large IRR aggregators (RADB, NTTCOM, LEVEL3) already carry copies
of the AFRINIC IRR. I don’t think there is a systemic problem here.

Kind regards,

Job