[DBWG] RIPE DB changes

Ben Maddison benm at workonline.africa
Thu Aug 23 12:25:12 UTC 2018

Hi Madhvi,

I would leave it to operators to move their objects themselves, and hope that they might do some cleaning in the process.
I expect very few zero-day issues as the result of the RIPE change, as results from RIPE-NONAUTH will be returned by default from queries, and therefore most tool chains will be unaffected.
I'm not against building tools to help the transition per se, but if we go that route, I'd like to see something smart enough to say to the user (for e.g.): "that prefix hasn't been seen in the DFZ with that origin in X days, should we skip it?"

Cheers,

Ben