[Community-Discuss] ATTENDANCE & PARTICIPATION AT THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEMBERS’ MEETING (AGMM)

Ish Sookun ish.sookun at lasentinelle.mu
Tue May 31 12:41:31 UTC 2022

Dear Legal Team,

> On 31 May 2022, at 16:23, legal at afrinic.net wrote:
> 2.4 The attention of our Resource Members is specifically drawn to article 12(9) of the Bylaws which provides that "a corporate body, which is a Member, may appoint a representative to attend an Annual General Members' Meeting on its behalf in the same manner as that in which it could appoint a proxy". Therefore, in addition to the prevailing sanitary protocol, you are hereby expressly informed that physical access to the designated AGMM Room shall be restricted to ONE representative of a Resource Member only. The same principle shall apply to Resource Members participating virtually. All other interested persons will be able to follow the proceedings online via the AFRINIC's youtube channel.

It is a pity that such information is sent only three two days before the AGMM.

Also, for a minute let’s agree that due to the restriction on 50 pax in a room you are limiting the attendance to one representative per Resource Member, then why is such limitation applied to Resource Members participating virtually?
> 4.     Proxy appointment
>
> 4.1 Subject to the election process approved by the Board - https://afrinic.net/election-process/board/2022 <https://protect-za.mimecast.com/s/fd1ICpgKoJspk8yIP4uy7>, you are reminded that registration with respect to the appointment of proxy started on Thursday 19 May 2022 and closed on Saturday, 28 May 2022, i.e. 5 clear days before the election day.

I understood from AFRINIC Comms email [1] dated 27 May that AFRINIC will not go ahead with the Board elections.

Regards,

———

Ish Sookun

Systems Architect @ La Sentinelle Ltd