[Community-Discuss] AFRINIC Updates - March 2022

Ronald F. Guilmette rfg at tristatelogic.com
Wed Mar 30 03:53:56 UTC 2022

In message <CF979547-98A5-4646-91BE-45F9FBE02FDD at afrinic.net>,
Eddy Kayihura <eddy at afrinic.net> wrote:

>Court Updates
>Coming back to the appeal that was initiated by Cloud Innovation Ltd,
>you will recall that AFRINIC received a favourable judgement on 14
>February 2022. As such, the case that Cloud Innovation Ltd had initiated
>on 24 March 2021 is now closed. As for the other cases, those are still
>pending, and we trust that they will also be dealt with expeditiously.

I have a comment and a question about this:

First, Eddy, why do you say "you will recall that" ?  Maybe I haven't
been paying close enough attention to goings on in your (Southern)
hemisphere of late, but I really didn't know about this development
until now.

Second, Eddy, it is my recollection that Cloud Innovation and/or Lu Heng
had also and separately lodged a lawsuit for defamation against both yourself
and against the AFRINIC Board Chairman.  Has that matter also been resolved,
or is that matter currently still ongoing in the courts?

Regards,
rfg